– If he could describe himself in 3 words, he would use: Genuine, caring and grounded.
– His Role model is his father. He always told Drew: ‘Do what you want to do. Make yourself happy, but work hard.’
– If he were stranded on a deserted island, and only could bring 3 things with him, he would bring his guitar, a friend and his dog.
– If he could travel back in time, he would go to the 20s.
– If he could back in the past, he’d tell himself to never get complacent; there are times when you get buried, frustrated and you can lose hope when you get close to a certain role that your heart and soul is into, you want it so bad and you might not get it. He’d tell himself what’s ahead.
– He’s been to Paris once.
– If he could chose any place on earth where he’d wake up tomorrow, he’d choose Fiji.
– Drew moved around a lot from birth until he was 10 years old. He lived in Omaha, Nebraska, Indianapolis and then moved to Medford, N.J., where he spent most of his childhood.
– Ever since he was a kid, he always wanted to be an astronaut.
– If he could have any super power, he would choose flying.
– He says that one of the craziest things he’s ever done is skydiving.
– He has 48 stitches on the side of his head. When he was around six, he was riding home on his bike and it had gotten dark. There was a black van parked on the side of the road, and the side mirror was sticking out really far. So he turned to look at his friend, didn’t see the mirror, and he hit it really hard.
– Drew played soccer and lacrosse in high school and got into acting classes.
– He did martial arts growing up. He’s been very athletic his whole life. He played everything. Wrestled, basketball, baseball, lacrosse.
– Growing up, he always had a huge imagination. He was fascinated by movies, but he never really knew how to get involved or how to get into it (acting).
– He was the quiet and shy type in High School. He was the best student there was.
– The movie Star Wars inspired him to become an actor. His favorite character was Luke.
– He started acting in his high school drama class.
– His favorite production back in High School was The Lion King. He played Simba.
– When Drew lived in New Jersey, playing sports took a lot of his time. He was also very active and he went to the beach a lot.
– His first kiss was when he was 14.
– When he was 17, he was in trouble with the law.
– Since he was really good at soccer, he went to Towson University in Maryland on a soccer scholarship.
– He was studying business while he was at Towson.
– Drew loved acting so much that he took a ton of theater classes at Towson (Acting 101 and 201).
– Drew moved to NYC right after college. He later decided to move to L.A.
– The fast food he can’t live without is Chipotle.
– He doesn’t have any tattoos.
– His worst habits is not calling people back, and leaving his drawers and cabinets open all the time.
– His pet peeves are when people don’t answer their phone, but they’ll text right after that.
– He likes to stay busy and his long-term goal would be making that full transition into movies and being able to choose which projects truly interest him. He wants to have a versatile career.
– He says that being so involved in sports helps keep him focussed on his goals.
– He likes Oreos with Nutella.
– He has the song “Could You Be Loved” by Bob Marley on his iPod.
– He recently started practicing Krav Maga.
– He is obsessed with food. A quick way to his heart is through his stomach.
– He never has cash on him.
– He loves the Apples to Apples game.
– He prefers pizza over Chinese food.
– He likes to watch the TV Series Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.
– If Drew could guest-star in any TV show, he would choose The Walking Dead because he likes zombies.
– His Halloween obsession is dressing up.
– The scariest movie he’s ever seen is the 1st ‘Paranormal Activity’.
– He believes in the paranormal.
– If he had to choose between being a vampire or a werewolf, he’d choose a vampire.
– His current roommate is his co-star and close friend, Ryan Pinkston.
– If Drew were a girl, he would like to use his/her beauty to get free shots at a bar.
– His celebrity crushes are Kate Beckinsale, Minka Kelly and Olivia Wilde.
– He would love to work with director, David Fincher.
– His dream role right now would be some epic comedy with Will Farrell, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill. He has much respect for what they have achieved.
– His dream co-star is Robert De Niro.
– He’s a big Peyton Manning fan.
– He did background work for 2006’s The Good Shepherd, which starred none other than Robert De Niro.
– He started out modeling and some of his work was with Hollister and International Jock.
– Drew’s favorite part about being an actor is the difference in roles. That’s the main reason why, as a child, he was so drawn to being an actor.
– Since he looks very young, he likes to take advantage of that with the roles he chooses.
– If there is one crime show that he hasn’t been on and he would love to be on, it’d be the original CSI.
– He’s done many television appearances and two indi films called Fortress and Camouflage. He is working on a new Western Independent Film, that should come out later this year.
– Drew can watch himself on TV, but he doesn’t usually do it. He says that it’s weird and that you never really get used to it.
– Drew’s show, Tower Prep, was very action packed and he had to do a lot of his own stunts. An embarrassing story from the set is that they were shooting a scene in the woods at night, where they had to run across the camera because their characters were being chased. Right as Drew was running, he didn’t see a root on the ground and he tripped and went face first into the dirt. Since then, he’s always looking down now.
– Drew replaced Parker Bagley as Jason DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars.
– He didn’t have to audition for “Pretty Little Liars”; the producers came to him and his manager, saying he’d be perfect for the role of Jason.
– He has read all the “Pretty Little Liars” books, except the tenth one.
– He secretly wants Jason to be ‘A’.
– What Drew likes most about Jason is exploring his family issues. His relationship with each family member is different.
– If Jason were a real person, he thinks he would be friends with him.
– If he could play any other character in “Pretty Little Liars”, he would play Hanna, because she’s great and the most fun. He’d also like to play around with Spencer’s character because she’s very witty and smart.
– If he were the one who was being threatened and terrorized by A, he would confide in someone.
– He thinks that one of the PLLs has something to do with the A-Team.
– He says the best part about “Pretty Little Liars” are the fans.
– Drew said that the weirdest fan encounter was when a fan hit him in the back of the head with a shirt when he was at an airport in Chicago. He thought it was one of his friends, but it was a girl who said “I love you Jason!”.
– His favorite part about being on “Pretty Little Liars” are the storylines.
– One of Drew’s favorite “Pretty Little Liars” episodes was 3×13, the Halloween episode.
– His favorite season of “Pretty Little Liars” is Season 2, but as far as storyline goes, Season 5.
– He has always wanted to be revealed as ‘A’. There’s so much building up behind it, that he thinks it would be fun to be revealed as ‘A’. Maybe in the finale just having a mask on, with a knife in his hand. Or maybe he’s about to kill someone, and somebody pulls his mask off, and Jason is revealed as ‘A’ with a big ‘A’ on his t-shirt.
– He says that the scariest thing he’s had to shoot on “Pretty Little Liars”, was back in Season 2 when Jason’s house blew up. They were on a close set, and he did a take where Jason was standing on the side of his porch. The director wanted to catch Jason’s reaction. The camera was on him when there was a fake, loud explosion with some lighting in the background. Then a piece of wood from the porch tipped over and fell right in front of him.
– Drew once made his “Pretty Little Liars” co-star, Lucy Hale, do the cinnamon challenge.
– If he could pick a song to represent Jason and Aria it would be “Endless Love”.
– He said that he would date one of the girls on “Pretty Little Liars”.
– He hangs out with a bunch of the girls and guys of “Pretty Little Liars” offset. A couple of them have gone and done a really intensive cardio cycling class. They like to go grab drinks and hike.
– He thinks Jason should be romantically pared up with Jenna.
– If he had to choose one Pretty Little Liar to be his real-life girlfriend, he would choose Spencer because she’s the intelligent one of the group — she’s the brains of the group — and that’s something that he looks for in a girl.
– Drew’s audition process for Devious Maids was long. He did a couple of camera tests and screen tests.
– The word he uses to describe Episode 3 – “Wiping Away the Past” of ‘Devious Maids’ is: Thrilling!
– One aspect of his personality that is like his character Remi on ‘Devious Maids’ is that they’re both Passionate.
– He says that the best part about shooting ‘Devious Maids’ is getting to work with so many talented people.
– Drew’s favorite thing to do in ATL when he wasn’t filming ‘Devious Maids’ was spending time with his niece.
– His favorite quality about Remi is his sense of family.
– He says that maybe he’ll like to get back into theater.